The Inadequate Zarf

Recently, as we perused, with much admiration, Ezra Gloppened's recent publication "Goo! : Butter Churns and their Role in the Peasants' Revolt", I ventured to ask if the Professor had ever considered an alternative career.  

"I haven't always been attracted to the academic life," the Professor admitted. "Many years ago, I did spend some time on the road with my band The Inadequate Zarf. Ah, happy days! Except for the less happy days, which, come to think of it, was most of them."

I was unsure about the veracity of this statement until I chanced upon a copy of The Inadequate Zarf’s classic album "Physalis In My Pocket" in a bric-a-brac sale at the Sandford Spence Schultz Home for Fractious Umpires.


The Inadequate Zarf


My favourite track is, without doubt, "Ruckus In The Olfaction Department", featuring the Professor's solo on bass harmonica, an instrument of which he has little or no knowledge.

Comments

  1. We have heard many bands like that, especially at motorcycle rallies, and more especially where the club funds have been squandered on who knows what and there is not enough left to hire a decent band for the rally. Loudness does not always make up for the lack of familiarity with an instrument, unless most of the audience are beyond the stage of noticing too much. Which is most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This very morning, the Professor assured me that it was he who was responsible for the splendid zampogna solo on Spuffle Gallitrap's best-known track "Matter-fangled". I was enthralled by this revelation. It was only later, as I sat down to my daily study of the implications for logical positivism contained in that fine television research project "Homes Under The Hammer", that I realised today was the first day of April.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Umbrella and Pickled Eggs

The Further Adventures Of Uncle Leucocholy